Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fun Friday at Canadian Brewhouse

Laura's essc dodgeball league was sponsored by the Canadian Brewhouse so for the end of the season they offered the teams a free steak sandwich for each of the players. Pretty great sponsorship along with the discount cards they gave everyone for the season.

I had heard that Brewhouse was always packed and a fun time and sure enough it was. The whole place is decked out with Canadiana, even a custom made totem pole for the bar. If there weren't enough tv's for you, or the giant sports feed that went across the room, there were tons of other things to keep you entertained. I think on my way to the washroom i saw arcade basketball even.

The best thing about the bar was the service and the atmosphere. Friendly door staff, lots of smiling servers, it was the perfect balance between a restaurant and pub.  The food that evening was alright I wouldnt get the spinach dip again. Tasted like they just poured it from a jar. The sandwiches were inconsistent mine was cooked great and had a decent cut of meat. Some of the other ones were stick thin and over cooked. They serve it with there house steak sauce and I believe only one person at our table actually enjoyed it.  I normally wouldn't order a steak at a pub so im not really disappointed. There were lots of things on the menu that struck my interest and I definitely will go back to try out some of there other dishes.

If your on the southside of the city skip hudsons and head to the Canadian Brewhouse.

Canadian Brewhouse - Ellerslie on Urbanspoon

10 comments: